The Wakefield Hospice 10k is organised by, and paid for by Wakefield Hospice, with the aim to raise as much as possible for patients and their families living with an end of life diagnosis. Wakefield Hospice annually needs to raise £4.2 million. We would not be able to achieve this without the help of local people going out of their way to raise funds through taking part in events like the Wakefield Hospice 10k.
This years event will be the 25th annual Wakefield Hospice 10k and during the last 24 years runners have raised more than £0.7 million for those who need specialist care at a very difficult time in their lives. We hope you will be happy to continue this legacy in 2020, a year we mark the 30th anniversary of our first patient admittance in 1990.
Last year those running in the Wakefield Hospice 10k did an incredible job raising more than £70,000 for the hospice. This could fund the hospice for 11 full days!
‘Running’ the Hospice
You running in the Wakefield Hospice 10k is helping us with the ‘running’ of Wakefield Hospice. By fundraising even a small amount (or adding a small donation when you enter), every step you take can help us be with a patient every step of the way whilst with us. A small amount can make a big difference.
- Raising £33 is enough to fund one hour of bereavement support
- Raising £100 is enough to fund 4 hours of nursing care
- Raising £428 is enough to fund one patients bed for 24 hours
Top Fundraising Tips…
- Set up a Virgin Money Giving page so people can donate online
- Hold a ‘guess my finish time’ sweep stake
- Be sponsored to run in fancy dress or something wacky
- Hold a raffle, dress down day or bake sale at work
- Request a home collection box and collect your unwanted small change
- Make your own donation to the Hospice in lieu of sponsorship – Just £25 funds one hour of care
For further help with your fundraising please see our Fundraising Tips.